Dan Wesson does NOT sell firearms directly to consumers online,
instead selling our products through an Authorized Dealer network as well as to major wholesale distributors that work with all other FFL dealers. Our authorized dealers can be found here. Please use caution when giving personal payment information online.
The following websites are NOT affiliated with Dan Wesson. www.czgunshop.com, www.czgunstore.com, www.danwessonfirearmstore.com
$1,849.00 – $2,279.00
When police departments approached us to build them a more reliable, durable 1911 to replace the ones they had been carrying, we developed a model just for them. The additions that made it ideal for law enforcement also make it perfect for home defense, so we gladly offer it for sale to the public.
A full-size 1911, the Specialist is chambered in .45 ACP, 10mm, or 9mm and loaded with features to satisfy a public servant’s special requirements. The forged stainless steel slide wears our inverted top rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with a white target ring in front.
The frame sports an integral 1913 Picatinny, 25 LPI front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard and recessed slide stop to enable the installation of laser grips. Equipped with an ambidextrous thumb safety, extended magazine release, and detachable magwell, the Specialist is operator-friendly. It is finished off with a set of G10 VZ Operator II grips that force the hand into the beavertail and hold it there.
The Specialist ships with two 8-round magazines with bump pads (10 rounds in 9mm) and is available in either a matte stainless finish or our Duty Black finish, which makes for an especially hardy pistol that scoffs at everyday wear and tear.
• Fixed Night Sight, A Novak-style snag-free sight with tritium self-illuminated vials.
• Tactical Rear Sight, With an abrupt front face, our tactical rear sight allows for one-handed racking of the slide and has a single tritium vial dead-center below the sight’s notch.
• Front Serrations, Forward cocking serrations give solid purchase for press-checks.
• Inverted Rib, To cut down on glare our top rib is cut into the slide.
• Ball End Mill Cut, This cut accentuates the carry cut and slightly modifies the appearance.
• Tactical Hammer, The skeletonized hammer helps to reduce weight and maintains the clean look of the pistol.
• Long Solid Trigger, A long solid trigger was used to give a traditional look and incorporate a serrated face.
• Ambi Safety, Grip Safety, An ambidextrous safety allows for an easy to access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters.
• Rail, Equipped with a 1913 Picatinny rail, adding a light or laser is a simple operation.
• Mainspring Housing Checkering, Our 25 LPI checkering on the flat mainspring housing provides the means for a superb grip.
• Magwell, Reloads are made easy, our magwell helps to funnel the fresh mag into the gun.